The Horus X12S is FrSky’s flagship transmitter, with an impressive 4.3 inch, TFT color display. The 480 x 272 transflective display produces sharp, colorful images even when viewed in direct sunlight. The rotary encoder and 6 well placed, tactile pushbuttons allow quick navigation of the various menus and programming their contents. The radio has a solid feel which inspires a sensation of quality. The gimbals are FrSky’s best, in CNC milled aluminium with 6 ball bearings and contactless hall effect sensors. Steel cross bars pivoting on ball bearings and a teflon contact surface give the gimbals a very positive feel around center and a silky smooth travel. The Switches and pots are also high quality units. The switches have a positive action, while the pots and sliders are silky smooth.
The most important aspect for any transmitter is maintaining a rock solid connection with the receiver. FrSky is well known for its frequency hopping ACCST technology taking advantage of the entire 2.4GHz band, resulting in excellent range and reliability. The Horus is compatible with most of FrSky’s Telemetry and non-Telemetry receivers as well as sensors. With a suitable tx module, the JR style external RF module bay allows operation with Futaba, Spektrum, JR, Aisin, and other receivers.
The radio has the ability to run two different operating systems. The Horus is supplied with FrSky’s FrTX Operating System, which is and easy to program, intuitive menu driven operating system. Advanced users are able to install OpenTX. The Open TX developers have created a visually impressive interface for the feature rich OpenTX 2.2 operating system. Both operating systems are continually being developed and will provide additional features and capabilities to the Horus as time goes on.
- NiMH 9.6V 2000 mAh integrated battery inside the radio with a built-in charging circuit.
- Current drain: 260 mA maximum (both RF power and backlight on).
- Operating temperature: -10°C – 60 °C.
- Operating humidity: 45%-80%.
- Operating barometric pressure: 860MBar-1060Mbar.
- 16 channels (32 channels when combined with an external XJT module) .
- System: D16, D8, LR12, switchable.
- JR Style module bay for additional RF modules.
- Selectable tx mode (1, 2, 3, or 4).
- Long range system capable of up to 2 times the range of current 2.4 systems.
- Receiver lock (program locked to aircraft – limited to FrSky receivers running PXX protocol).
- Compatibility: FrSky X series, D series and V8-II series receivers (plus other receivers if an external module is used). Note that the Horus-EU version is only compatible with X series EU version receivers.
- 60 model memories (extendable by SD card).
- 64 mixers, 9 flight modes.
- 16 custom curves with 3 x 17 points each.
- 32 logic switches.
- 3 timers, count up or down, throttle %, talking, etc.
- Trims – Adjustable from course to extra fine with extended and exponential trim options.
- Full telemetry ACCST 2.4GHz system using the PXX protocol for super low latency.
- RSSI alarms (warns you of receiver signal reception problems before disaster strikes).
- Real-time data logging.
- High Resolution colour TFT (480*272), readable outdoor.
- New gimbals: CNC machined, equipped with 6 bearings to soften the friction, hall sensors and extensible ends.
- New 6 position encoder. Now you can configure up to 5 flight modes on a single rotary switch.
- Voice or custom sound alerts.
- Haptic feedback: The radio notifies you with vibrations.
- MP3 player allows playing of background music.
- USB connection (Mini USB B connector) for firmware upgrades, R/W to the microSD card and integrate with OpenTX Companion.
- Power on button: The radio power button stays protected under the metal support to hang the Horus, to avoid turning it off by mistake. It even has a confirmation message for added protection.
- Training System: new and revolutionary WiFi trainer system.
- Training port: Two trainer port types to improve compatibility with Taranis/Futaba and JR/Graupner DSC radios.
- Integrated GPS module and 6axis sensor (3axis gyro and 3axis accelerometer) to facilitate auxiliary control by tilting the transmitter.
- 3 finishes to choose from between matte, textured and aluminium details on the front panel.
- State-of-the-art open source software.
- Integrates with OpenTX Companion (Windows/Mac/Linux) allowing saving, editing and sharing of models and settings, as well as simulation of transmitter or model setup.
- Multiple language support (configured for English by default).
- 1 x FrSky Horus X12S Transmitter
- 1 x 2000mAh Low Self Discharge Battery
- 1 x Charger Adapter
- 1 x FrSky Manual
- 1 x Back strap
- 1 x Metal Case
- 2 x Keys