- We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors; in this policy we explain how we will treat your personal information.
- We do not store customer credit card details nor do we share customer details with any 3rd parties
Collecting personal information
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including your IP address, geographic location, browser version, operating system, referral source, length of visit and page views);
- information that you provide when opening your account on our website (including your name, telephone number, email and physical addresses);
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our newsletters (including your name and email address);
- information relating to any purchases you make of our goods through our website (including your name, telephone number, email and physical addresses);
- information that you post to our website for publication, such as a product review (including your user name and the content of your posts);
- information contained in or relating to any communication that you send to us or send through our website (including the communication content and metadata associated with the communication); and
- any other personal information that you choose to send to us.
Before you disclose to us the personal information of another person, you must obtain that person’s consent to both the disclosure and the processing of that personal information in accordance with this policy.
Using personal information
Personal information submitted to us through our website will be used for the purposes specified in this policy or on the relevant pages of the website.
We may use your personal information to:
- complete and fulfill transactions;
- personalise our website content for you;
- collect payments for goods ordered by you;
- send you goods purchased through our website;
- send you non-marketing commercial communications;
- send you email notifications that you have specifically requested;
- send you our email newsletter, if you have requested it;
- send you marketing communications relating to our business which we think may be of interest to you, where you have specifically agreed, by email or similar technology (you can inform us
- at any time if you no longer require marketing communications);
- provide third parties with statistical information about our users (but those third parties will not be able to identify any individual user from that information);
- deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to our website;
- keep our website secure and prevent fraud;
- verify compliance with the terms and conditions governing the use of our website (including monitoring private messages sent through our website private messaging service).
If you submit personal information for publication on our website, we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the licence you grant to us.
Your privacy settings can be used to limit the publication of your information on our website, and can be adjusted using privacy controls on the website.
We will not, without your express consent, supply your personal information to any third party for the purpose of their or any other third party’s direct marketing.
All our website financial transactions are handled through our payment services providers, PayPal or Stripe. We will share information with our payment services provider only to the extent necessary for the purposes of processing payments you make via our website, refunding such payments and dealing with complaints and queries relating to such payments and refunds.
Disclosing personal information
We may disclose your personal information to our employees, insurers, professional advisers, suppliers insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
We may disclose your personal information:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
- to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset that we are (or are contemplating) selling; and
- to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
Except as provided in this policy, we will not provide your personal information to third parties.
Retaining personal information
This Section sets out our data retention policies and procedure, which are designed to help ensure that we comply with our legal obligations in relation to the retention and deletion of personal information.
Personal information that we process for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes.
Notwithstanding the other provisions of this Section, we will retain documents (including electronic documents) containing personal data:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- if we believe that the documents may be relevant to any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings; and
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk).
Security of personal information
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure servers.
All electronic financial transactions entered into through our website will be protected by encryption technology.
You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
You are responsible for keeping the password you use for accessing our website confidential; we will not ask you for your password (except when you logging in to our website).
We may update this policy from time to time by publishing a new version on our website.
You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are happy with any changes to this policy.
We may notify you of changes to this policy [by email or through the private messaging system on our website].
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you; provision of such information will be subject to:
- the payment of a fee (currently fixed at GBP 10); and
- the supply of appropriate evidence of your identity.
We may withhold personal information that you request to the extent permitted by law.
You may instruct us at any time not to process your personal information for marketing purposes.
In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal information for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes.
Third party websites
- Our website includes hyperlinks to, and details of, third party websites.
- We have no control over, and are not responsible for, the privacy policies and practices of third parties.
- Please let us know if the personal information that we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.